SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The Respawn Banter on Steam!

A topic by Waldorf created Jan 11, 2024 Views: 26
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted (1 edit)

Long time no see, fellow devs!

I hope I'm not necroposting by that much, but I really want to let you know that I'm actively continuing the development of "The Respawn Banter"!
I did a lot of changes after the IGMC 2022 version, the most notable one being the portraits that got a complete overhaul, but still keeping the original character personalities.
Perhaps I took too long to plan the rest of the game after the jam, but now the game has its own Steam page with a new demo! (I also somehow managed to add Steam achievements on RPG maker) 
The demo is also available in Spanish and Italian now.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2320550/The_Respawn_Banter/

I realise that the game got very conflicting opinions during the jam, that's why I'm always updating the dialogues to avoid boring or cringe parts, even if I can't make everyone happy, given the game's reliance on "witty repartee"-ish humor, which is highly subjective.

I now realize I made a mistake on describing the game as "comedy", because that's misleading and not its central point, which is instead trying to focus on engaging dialogues. I think that might had influenced people's expectative before playing the game.

I believe my internship employer had a very fitting comment for this game: "But they're just saying stupid things one after another!"

I think that as an indie game developer I shouldn't focus on making a game that will appease anyone, but instead think about a target. And as long that there'll be people interested in the project, I will see it trough!

Thanks again to the Indie Game Making Contest for bringing out the creativity in us creators ♥