Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Clarification: the kind of game you want

A topic by Cerbyo created Jan 02, 2022 Views: 114 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
  • What kind of game can I make?  For this edition, we're accepting text-based works of interactive fiction! This means your game might rely on sound effects or a few images, but they shouldn't be the focus of your narrative. Games such as visual novels or with point and click elements will not be counted

I don't understand what you are looking for here. Like say I wanted to a top-down rpg style game where I move my character around a map to find information about a lost kitten. So I talk to all the characters and get information and items that drive that story forwards eventually leading to a realization of the red herring theme and ending the story. That's not a visual novel. Point and click elements? I'm just using the keyboard and its not a 'hidden objects clicker'....its talking to things and figuring out what they want, giving them items to drive the story.

I get the feeling that's not what you want though. Is this more of a twine game thing? But wouldn't that just be a visual novel with just  'a few images'? Can you give an example maybe of what you want. The line between making a game and making a blog seems thin here.

Jam Judge

Hi! You can check out this collection we've put together on interact-if which consists of text-based works of interactive fiction. Hopefully while browsing those games you can figure out what's exactly what we're looking for :) 

https://itch.io/c/1624965/text-based-ifs