Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can people who buy games in the bundle claim Steam keys?

A topic by C.T. Matthews created Mar 05, 2024 Views: 177 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (1 edit)

I offer Steam keys for people who buy my commercial games on itch.io, but I don't think I have permission to offer Steam keys to people who buy it at a deep discount as part of a bundle because I probably wouldn't be matching the bundle discount over on Steam itself. So if one of my games got selected for the bundle, ideally I'd still like to offer Steam keys to people who buy the game by itself but not to people who bought it in the bundle. Is that possible, or should I leave my game out of the bundle if I don't want bundle buyers to claim all of its Steam keys?

Admin (1 edit) (+1)

In general, co-op bundles can be configured to include or not include external keys (eg. Steam keys). For this particular bundle, we haven’t decided on the availability of external keys yet since we don’t know the final lineup. If we see that there are games with Steam keys in the final lineup, we may request more information from the participants before making external keys available.

As opposed to some of the charity bundles we have hosted in the past, this bundle is specifically being designed for the profit of the participants. This bundle won’t be an extreme deal where hundreds of games are being sold for a few dollars. For our charity bundles, we disable Steam keys by default because the total number of bundle copies sold is unreasonable for the developer to provide enough keys.

For this bundle, it may be more realistic to be able to provision enough Steam keys for the number of buyers since this bundle will be smaller in scope with regard to the number of buyers.

Submitted

That's great to know, thanks!