Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Would a UI Based game be boring?

A topic by ScienceJ created Apr 30, 2021 Views: 153 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+1)

So Idecided to give "NoSQL" a try within the game framework and quite excited with the result. As a skilled data modeller, making a ton of content out of data is a super joyful experience... But the problem is, it is not "world" based like a game should be, it is UI based, and can almost qualify as a text based adventure style game.

My question is, if there are loads of options within a game, but it is menu based, that is, you wont move around a map persay, but use menus to navigate the actions, would you be bored? 
I am hoping to spice things up if time allows it, but as it stands, I feel it needs more... But that could be the everyday challenge thing...

What you say? Will you play a menu based style simulator game? It is about running your own courier company...

Submitted(+1)

I know a mobile game where you make text-based decisions to advance humanity. I forgot the game, but it was extremely addicting. So yeah, I would play something like that.

Submitted(+1)

I like company/business management games, so I'll try it if I see it. As for a menu game, it depends. If it's well-designed, I'll probably love it, but if moving about is tedious, I might put it down. I'd say put extra focus on making the menus fun and easy to navigate.

Unfortunately, I am not going to make this in time, so I am throwing in the towel and rather pursuing the Make a level and solo game jam with the same sort of mechanic.
Good job to everyone else :)