Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Fair-play?

A topic by Ormrin Sinkalte Ged - Sparrowhawk created 33 days ago Views: 96 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Ahoy,

why my game was removed from submissions? I know, that it was probably just one not video game, but still, the rules said ANY game engine.!:) So I made a board and TTRPG game according to the motto: "The best game engine is a healthy human brain!:)". Note, that if you have a probem with undertanding the rulebok, any AI can help you. I inspected the rulebook in Ais (getting good reviews) and I playtested it with my main game group (everybody have fierce fun:)). So please try the game and do not just comment the rulebook! TTRPG and board game “Adventure made from Ikea stuff” 🛒->🗺️ by Ormrin Sinkalte Ged - Sparrowhawk (itch.io)

With thanks in advance for your understanding,

Ormrin

HostSubmitted

Hi!

The problem wasn't with your game, but your demeanor and condescending attitude, both in our comment thread on your game, but also in the comments of other participants' games. We received complaints from other participants that you called games "Shitty" and "Gross", and were overall being rude in your ratings/comments.

We've decided that we don't want to engage with your bad energy and arrogance, and have therefore kicked you out of the jam.

(16 edits)

If an another commenter is allowed to be not nice or to be rude or even offensive under my game, I should be allowed to defend. And I wrote nothing rude and especially not offensive! 

I commented games of others respectfully, but I will be more constructive in future to show my good intent behind each my critique. English is just a secondary language for me, so if a game goes grossly (very poor "physics"), I then used that term. If something is so shitty that even I, as a respectfully raised person, called it that way, then it's indeed shitty (which I don't consider as a rude term if it's not aimed at a person, but I will not use the term again to not look like an awful person). I will ask an AI for less triggering but still strong enough terms (especially in such contexts) and I will learn them.

I think, that the real reason for removing the only one physical game was the scare that it would win in a fair-play competition, because no video game can beat a good real game. The motto of all my physical games is "The best game engine is a healthy human brain!😊". By "healthy" I also mean the intelligence at the level of current AIs at least, so a comment like "I was confused by the PDF." showed the level of intelligence below AIs (which I also used to inspect of, advice to and review of the text - and AIs understood the text totally). Therefore I commented that such a commenter has intelligence apparently below AIs, which was not a rude statement, because AIs are above average intelligence of humans even just now and they will be only better in future. (Which is also a warning - if you can catch my drift.)

I'm also playtesting all my games with at least my main game group and the commenters of that my game apparently didn't even once tried it. I tried games criticized by me more than once per each to be sure that I didn't miss anything. Therefore each my critique was fair-play, while the critiques of that my game were not fair-play! 

+

I inspected all my 4 reviewed games which I also commented to explain my reviews (this is even above fair-play, right?) and I changed term "gross" to the term "unplayable" (I tried it three times). I was not able to find the term "shitty", so feel free to tell me where I used it. Also feel free to quote and link to any of my "rude" sentence according to you! So far, I call you a liar! I will gladly change term "shitty" to just "not good" to be sure that even a snowflake will be not triggered. And I will add an advice how to turn such a "game" into at least an average game. I already decided, that I will be reviewing just what I will see as 3/5 and better to not do any "harm". But I will be commenting also below 3/5 - to help.

Submitted(+1)

you can make this a pdf file too like your game