Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Echoes of the Past/One Finger Death Punch meets Feudal Japan Sticky

A topic by mikejkelley created Jun 04, 2023 Views: 103 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host (3 edits)

The theme has been decided, as has the game genre and aesthetic! On the NCP channel, the community voted for the Game Jam theme of "Echoes of the Past." During the most recent live stream and after not much discussion, it was decided that setting a "One Finger Death Punch" type game in feudal Japan (a WIP of mine) would satisfy the thematic requirements.  This allows me to temporarily  donate my Tiger Samurai model to the effort, giving the art department a head start, and obliges me to create an "Array in Playmaker" tutorial, something I've been meaning to get around to for some time now. 

Tiger Samurai WIP by mikejkelley on Sketchfab

I'm excited! I hope you are too! Who would like to start concepting the level?

I'm curious, since this is my first jam. How do we go about meeting everyone and getting an idea of where everyone is in terms of skills/goals? How many people want to be programmers, artists, and other such?

Host (1 edit)

Hi Xenefia, the theme of the last youtube meetup was "be the change you want to see happen," or more succinctly, "be the solution." I was hinting at the fact that, among other things, game jams are decentralized, collaborative efforts that require participants to self-select into leadership roles. Meeting everyone and getting an idea of their skill level and faction choice is a good idea! I would suggest creating a new thread in which you introduce yourself, describe your skill level (ideally according to the matrix provided in the course materials), your chosen faction (programmer/artist/level designer/etc.,), and invite others to do the same. I'll sticky it. Thanks!