Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Looking for Pixel Artist or Partner Who Wants to Get Spooky & Jam with a Pro

A topic by iivii created Oct 01, 2023 Views: 84 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

GREETINGS!

I'm Vee, known as iiviiGames online. Im the only mod of the Pico-8 subreddit so, if there are experts in the language of p8, I'd say I'm that guy! Never you mind that though as I spend an inordinate amount of time with Pico-8 as is: I'm looking to stretch my wings with you.

2D ENGINES I AM CONFIDENT IN:

• GameMakerStudio 2, an excellent fast way to jam with a robust toolset. I'm good enough to be writing for them currently, if that helps you. I'm also the only guy I know who has anyidea how to make delta timing work properly. I'm damn good, and I haven't met a game I couldn't make in that engine. 
  • Love2D, another Lua engine but without anything to help you...except an amazing API complete with Box2D libraries and every possible feature you might need for 2D. This is where we really show off, as there are no GUIs available and its all up to your ability and skill , no bells or whistles. Lucky for you I've got the best classes in the west, and from one table, we will be able to generate any object parent we need ,  making thousands of instances in 30 minutes or your pizza is free.
  • Godot: Okay, this is actually a lie. I've been dying to try it and from what I know its got python like syntax- guess who writes all his code in python that doesn't involve games? I should pick it up quick, but if you wanna go this route, Id rather partner with another noob . 

So, if you wanna make their bones rattle, spooky scary skeleton with me for a couple weeks and hayride to hell .

Without doubting, we will have fun. Thats all that counts!

Submitted (2 edits)

I am interested in partnering up. I can make sprites & music. I also have a couple of Jam submissions which were made solo in Godot. Here is my latest submission (GBJam 11):
https://route126.itch.io/cosmic-climber-updated
Also check out my 1-bit Jam submission