Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Composer/Sound Designer (18-24) looking for team or teammates

A topic by a_sett created 45 days ago Views: 45
Viewing posts 1 to 1

Hi there!

I’m a musician/sound designer looking to participate in this jam. I’m happy to work with a team, but (since this jam allows you to be part of multiple teams) there’s also a game I’d like to create myself, for which I could use some help.

Here’s my music portfolio: https://soundcloud.com/anubhab-sett/sets

You can check my profile for the games I’ve worked on.

I did all the sound design and a little bit of GDScript programming for this one: https://cityships.itch.io/yeti-vs-bats

Recently I’ve been focussing more on sound design because I lack experience in that department.

If you like my work send me a message on Discord! Username is comet1772. 

The pitch for the game I’d like to make is –

You play as a young painter who is visiting a remote village when the pandemic happens and travel is locked down. To get by, you take on odd jobs and delivery work. Through the course of the story, you pursue a painting project based on the events you experience and the village itself, and you try to make friends with the villagers and slowly uncover more things about them. The story primarily explores themes of connection and isolation.

Of course, every idea is subject to change. If we get to talking, please feel free to make suggestions or point out ideas that are bad or out-of-scope.

While I would prefer that this team fit into the 18-24 age category, I won’t say no to working with someone I get along with.

The skills I need help with are (you could fill multiple roles if you are able to) –

• 2D art that replicates traditional painting styles (I was thinking oil and watercolour) with full-body NPC portraits in those styles as well. I would love for the portraits to have occasional animations (at super low frame rates, like 1-12 fps)
  • 3D modelling the terrain of the village as well the houses and props. The style should match the traditional look of the 2D art.
  • Programming. I was thinking about using Godot with Yarn Spinner for the dialogue and Wwise for sound, but with a programmer’s help, I’m open to using other engines or solutions.

What am I doing? – I’ll be handling sound, music, and narrative. And hopefully some programming unless the programmer finds I just get in the way haha

If this project sounds interesting or speaks to you in any way, feel free to send me a message. I can also link you a GDD on Discord which goes into more detail so you can properly evaluate it.