Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Programmer Looking for Project to Contribute To

A topic by zbmott created Feb 18, 2023 Views: 82 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hi! My name is Zach. I recently starting learning Unity, and I'm interested in sharpening my skills by contributing to an real, live project. Although I'm a Unity novice (still working my way through the Create with Code pathway), in my day job I have 10+ years' experience as a software engineer working in the web application problem domain. I also studied Computer Science in university.

I've been playing video games since I was old enough to press the buttons. Some of my personal favorites are Wing Commander: Privateer, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Nuclear Throne, and Valheim. My current time sink is WoW Classic (I recently stepped down as guild master after leading my guild through The Burning Crusade), and I am very excited for the upcoming physical release of Metroid Prime Remastered. I also enjoy board games and playing the cello.

My goals for this experience are to:

• Gain experience working on a real-life game development project.
  • Learn Unity by doing something non-trivial, and maybe get a little mentorship along the way.
  • Network within the itch.io community.
  • Contribute to a final product that will both delight my friends and terrify my enemies.

If I have something I can bring to your team, drop me a line in this thread or DM me on Discord (zbmott#7936) and let's chat!

Hi there! I'm interested in a little chat with you. Sent you a friend request on Discord.