Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Thanks to everyone and to the people behind mini-jam!

A topic by Kent created Apr 20, 2023 Views: 88 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+4)

Wow. It's my first game jam. And the first for many others too. I was super anxious at first, it took me a lot to even join the Discord, but I managed to get a submission in! (albeit a couple days late) I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who submitted games and spent the time and effort to crunch out something that you can actually play and experience.  Thanks to the wonderful people who took the time to review the absolute boatloads of games in the jam just to get stuck on buggy games, blasted with loud SFX with no volume control, and to give valuable advice and criticism. And a huge thanks to the people behind mini-jam, the staff, and the hosts for hosting such a cool and friendly experience.

I don't know if it was Scratch's website, modding Minecraft, or watching god knows how many video series on Unity, that made me want to make games. For a while, I've just felt useless and hopeless spending all these years learning how to be a game dev. I haven't ever called myself a game dev or a designer out loud or in my head. But doing this jam, and playing so many different games, and reviewing games made by people just like me, reminded me that the one thing I want to do in life is make fun games.

Thank you to everyone!!!

Submitted

Hey! Another fellow Scratch user, how nice. I totally relate to how you feel in terms of this jam.

Although not my first ever jam (My first one was Ludum Dare 52), this was my first Mini jam, and I had an absolute blast with it. I loved looking at other people's games and being able to recognize them on the results screen. It made me feel like I was part of something!

I'm glad you took the time to make Lunar Memory, and I'm hoping you'll make more games in the future! If it's something you genuinely believe that you'd want to do for life, then I'd say go for it.