Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Dates?

A topic by Helpinghand97 created Jul 26, 2023 Views: 382 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

Did the dates change? Are they pushing it until next month??

By the looks of it. Yes, I mean I think that's better because people said they won't be able to enter because of the sudden announcement.

Yes it did, honestly, it’s a good thing. It would allow us to plan and get stuff ready for it

Submitted

yeah allows some of my friends to participate and place stuff out which, just makes life easier 

I'm confused, didn't they already give us the prompt? That gives people an entire month to cheat...

Submitted

It's in the spirit of things. You can plan and stuff. The honorable is to not work on it before the time. There are pros and cons to it. Most game jams you join will know the theme as it starts but since this is the first time they might drop the theme early to help people plan around the theme.

• Can that lead to people working on the game right away? Yes of course (totally didn't work on pixel art this morning because of the old time frames >.> )
  • Does this allow more people to plan? Yes! I think planning is the hardest part of game jam because of the tight deadlines you got! It also shows who can be good at scoping properly and managing if you're in a team.
  • Is this a serious game jam? I guess since there is a prize pool people are going to gun for best.
  • Do you have to take it seriously? No, def not. The enjoyment of game jams is to just make games whether it's bad or good. You can flex your ability or just prototype something to see if it works. All in the intent of the user
  • Can you sharpen your skills before the game jam? Yes, most people do since some people are casual developers or are just learning. Got friends that never been in a game jam but have worked with strict deadlines so got time to get people up to speed for game jams.

I think it will be clear who cheats and who doesn't. I think most of everyone wants this to be a normal thing. I have been thinking about hosting my own game jam as a Vtuber but Ironmouse starting this might be a fun trend that will keep happening. If some people do cheat... well we could always make sure they don't come back to ruin other game jams! Either way excited!!!

With the old date there were about to be 50 joined so maybe 30 -40 entries (at least for people getting the full week), so this will be a lot better :) More cool Mouse games