SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Composer for hire

A topic by super maet BOI created Jul 05, 2019 Views: 199 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4

Hi

If you're reading this, thx in advance,

Let me introduce myself. I'm someone who's way in over his head... I've been into game music for a while, and made a couple smol tracks on Bosca Ceoil for fun. But I've had motivational issues to make music since I didn't have much of a purpose. But ever since I've met a certain game audio designer, Jake Butineau, who bestowed upon me his knowledge literally this morning (of writing this), I've been inspired to try actual game composing on a game jam, and this seemed like the most appropriate place to do so.

So if you're in need of music for your project and consider me for the job, I will try my best to filling such position (while also trying to fill your game with some FRESH beats).

I have no knowledge of programming in general, so I don't know how to implement music files directly into a game, and I'm still figuring other things out, like how to send such files to other people.

But if you need someone, anyone, to fill the void of silence that is your game, I will gladly fill that void with the best music I can make, while also trying to learn the ropes of how to handle and send such music. And the best part of this... I will work for you completely for FREE!

In conclusion... I don't know what I'm doing, but I guess I'm gonna be composing for a game.

super maet BOI

E-mail: xavpcorneau@gmail.com

P.S: I know there's a discord for finding teams on this jam, I just can't get on it for some reason.

P.P.S: I am quite comfortable around the theme of platforming (although it's not crucial to me wether your game is a platformer or not), and my style of music seems to be quite energetic, so I probably won't handle well having to make music for you if your project handles serious matters and emotions.

OK. I put up a youtube page with my 2 mol tracks, although the recording quality made it a bit wonky. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCajAdbQd_hX2a8uV06p5gmg

(+1)

Wow I really enjoyed your music, though I think you might need to make the world theme long especially because of the fact it will be repeated the most, and I felt that it was a tad too high. but overall pretty good. also you should really check your spelling in your video desc.. I don't really think I'll be using music in my game but I'l see later. Not gonna lie, I'll probably come back later and ask of you for music so git reggie.

(2 edits)

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I also thought into the dank forest was quite short for a theme that would be looped a lot, and in retrospect, you're right... Some notes are a bit too high.

Also, thanks for pointing out my spelling errors. I took care of em' but I'm not surprised they were there, since I kinda rushed the process to get everything online.