Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A Small Matter of Opinion: PRIDE [Working Title]

A topic by Deexenigma created Jul 16, 2019 Views: 179 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I've been a little flat out with work / uni / this jam so I haven't created a devlog until now.

This is really my second game (ever) and I'm using GMS2. Luckily I have a bit of a programming background which helps a lot.

- - - - THE GAME - - - - 

What is your opinion of pride and how do you define it?

I try and set out, with a slow paced platforming game and a single character, to better explain the positive and negative connotations of pride.

Currently it's still quite early stages in terms of level development. However, most of the minimum viable product code exists and assets etc. have all been organised. Tonight marks the first night of pure world building with the assets I already have and decide how far to push it in terms of level design and complexity.

As you move through the world you contemplate what pride is and what it means to you.

As you continue the world develops before you. Giving way to life, whether is be good or bad...

GOAL:

Currently this stands as having a working prototype model. Ideally with enough content and replayability to ensure the player doesn't see everything on the first run. How far this extends and how much the artwork is developed will purely be based on time constraints. Hopefully a bit of audio world building will also be used very soon. No sound as of yet though.

Submitted(+1)

CURRENT STATUS:

All levels developed and most 'set dressing' is completed.

All menus, credits, endgames etc. are completed and functional.

There are now three distinct playable routes in the game. Each one of these will give the player a different experience.

Art assets are mostly complete, however still need;

• Development of backgrounds for levels
  • Polish of menu backgrounds
  • Possibly polish some of the UI and give more information during play

Work on sound fx and BG music will start tomorrow and likely round out the game itself.

Come and meet a pig!