Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Free as the wind (DevLog)

A topic by Kishpah created Jun 27, 2021 Views: 59
Viewing posts 1 to 1

Hi! My name is Iván and I'm a computer programmer from Spain. I usually do the boring type of programming, mantaining management software, but I would like to try to make something more interesting, more visual, more interactive, so I decided to join the jam.

I'm not sure how much time I will put into this jam, or if I'm going to be able to finish a game at all, but I would like to try, and I find super interesting to share the process, so I'll try to carry a DevLog.

I would like to follow the theme, but the thing is that a vague theme like "Free" only gets me more confused about what to do.

The first thing that popped into my head was something like free beer... but then I thougth, maybe it's a better idea to go with the "free as the wind" approach.... and I liked it.

So my idea is to make a game (something half puzzle, half plattform) where you control the wind and blow things around. The idea is that the wind (main character) will be invisible, and you can only see it on the interactions with the environment.

I'm not sure yet how the mechanics are going to work, or what the story will be about, but I like the idea and will try to get something working.