Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Grow the dungeon

A topic by Montecchi created Jan 31, 2023 Views: 336 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (2 edits) (+1)
  • Hey! It's my first Game Jam, and I hope that i finish well. So, before I start my post, I want to say that i started learning Godot  about a month ago, so I just want to test myself.
  • So, the idea of my game is literally "Grow the dungeon".  At the beginning you get a very small dungeon (just a box) and only one type of enemy. When you kill an enemy, you get money that you use to upgrade the dungeon, enemies, and your weapons. Yes, the idea is simple, but I don't have the skills to create something better, and if I finish my game before Jam finishes, I will feel good. And I apologize to everyone for my English, I just recently started learning it)))
Submitted

Hey! First off your English is fine :) I understood everything. Secondly it sounds like a fun little concept! Can't wait to see how it develops! I love Dungeon Builders (like Dungeon Keeper) and I love Dungeon Crawlers, so this sounds like a fun combo in some way! :D

Submitted(+1)

Thanks, but I don't plan to give the ability for build dungeons. Maybe later haha

Submitted

So, my first day has passed since I'm making game, and that what's done:

• Cute assets found on itch.io that I used to create the level
  • The character and his weapon was created
  • Created one, basic type of enemy
  • Added some effects
  • Basic UI created

So, I think that I spent too much for a game today, whick makes me feel weird. In any case, tomorrow I plan to add even more different things. Good luck!

Submitted

I like the idea. Reminds me of some of the dungeon core litrpgs I've read mixed with a dungeon crawler.

Submitted

Thank you!

is a tycoon dungeon ! i love idea. good luck

Submitted

Thank you!