Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

biggest hurdle you had to overcome?

A topic by lith created Feb 25, 2024 Views: 145 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(+1)

when you were creating your game, what had to be the hardest thing you had to overcome? for me personally, it was genuinely just not having enough time to spend at home LOL. spent all night up working on my game because I lost so many hours to other things already

Submitted(+2)

I think the most difficult part was just figuring out how to organize so much stuff. Where things should go on the screen, what methods/variables belonged in which classes, etc. It didn't help that my laptop overheated and I wasn't able to revive it, lol.

Submitted(+1)

OH NOOOOO 馃槶 I totally agree though,,,, my projects are ALWAYS so sooo messy and like. only recently now that I've figured out how to organize my projects I've also found it easier to finish my projects and go along with them :3

Submitted(+2)

i had a really hard time checking your score and if it was enough to trigger the win con

Submitted(+1)

OMG WAS IT THAT HARD 馃槶馃槶 i reaaallyyyy wanted to squeeze out the playtime and try to make it feel fast-paced,, but obvs there are some balancing issues and overall bugs,, like the hunger meter not even working LOL

Submitted(+1)

XD it was my first time using unity or C# so i had no clue what i was doing lol

Submitted(+1)

NOO YOUR GAME WAS SUPER COOL!!! I got really far down before I died, but I think the platforming was pretty cool :3

Submitted(+2)

hardest part was i had work saturday so i had to go beast mode on friday 

Submitted(+1)

LITERALLY SAME. when i heard the gamejam started last FRIDAY and I was still in SCHOOL I went right to brainstorming ideas. then from there it was just. a blur of a 2D workspace 馃槶

Submitted(+1)

For me, it was definitely scope haha. I severely overestimated what I'd be able to accomplish on my own in just 48 hours, so I ended up having to cut a large portion of the ideas I had in order to get something working out. 

Submitted(+1)

Same, I think my group thought a little big with our idea, but we were able to get most of it done. Took a lot of hard work and missed sleep haha

Submitted(+2)

zomg jacob your guys鈥檚 project was AWESOMEEE I really couldn鈥檛 believe that it was done in 40 hours LOL

Submitted(+1)

I'm glad you enjoyed it hehe

Submitted(+1)

THIS IS SOOO TRUUEEEEE. when i was brainstorming i had a bunch of different mechanics i wanted, like point bonuses for eating the same foods or showing an image of the final evolution when you win,, or an intro cutscene to make the premise more obvious. but i cut it ALL for some bare-bones gameplay and sucky menu UI LOL