Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Thank You

A topic by Adventuron created Jul 07, 2020 Views: 146 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host

Just a quick note to say thank you to all entrants in the jam.

Do check out the submissions page, and play other games from the jam.

https://itch.io/jam/next-adventure-jam/entries

Constructive feedback is always welcome.

If you are on social media, do post about your game, and other games in the jam, it really helps to raise awareness of this underserved game genre. A quick glance shows that there is only one rating for all the games in the jam so far, which is a disappointment, but it's early days.

ONE MORE THING - I make a promise that I won't be running another gamejam until I implement a better scrolling solution (on the Adventuron versions), and I intend to keep that promise.  Some games just flow straight past text at the top of the screen, which looks bad, feels bad, and plays bad. Narrative games (or games on mobile screens) need better scrolling than Adventuron affords them as of today, and my job for now is to remove this burden from the author and place it on the system.  Anyway, I made a promise, so I have to keep it now.

Thanks again!

Chris

Thank you too for making this challenging jams. It is always fun to create something and watch what others come with. A little bit of dissapointment for me that i did not finish it in time because of sudden loss of free time i had. But do not fear ladies and gentleman. I released at least this playable but not so much finished in details version. https://rigachupe.itch.io/heartbroken

I wonder if someone figures out the main puzzle hehe.

Submitted

Ooh, an extra game!  I'll give this one a go over the weekend.

I hope you enjoy it well Dee. ;-)

Host

Well done Rigachupe. 

Very interesting use of the header style.

The graphic requirement was hard in this jam, sorry about that.

I also see you used an unconventional approach to directions too. I'm very interested why you did this. Maybe it's a maze? I'm intrigued.

The header thingy was an accident :-) i left it so for fun sake's.

I will not spoil the purpuose in directional system change. The solution is presented in game by exploration and learning.  ;-) Drawing helps, but i would not call it a maze.