Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A Single Class!?

A topic by Sarrixx created Mar 27, 2019 Views: 550 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Jam HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Sweet Jesus prepare for some brutal coding, I feel sorry for the guy who has to check all the project folders and make sense of the code ;)

Question, what about classes within classes? ;) As in nested classes.

HostSubmitted

i can think of multiple ways to only use only one class, I'm considering derivatives/nest classes as another class so you're not allowed to use em

Jam HostSubmitted

Booooooooooooo >:(

HostSubmitted(+1)

For flexibility issues and clarify better, other classes are fine it just has to be all in the 1 monobehavior script

(+1)

More like "scrolling-through-a-single-.cs-file" jam :D

HostSubmitted

;) hell  yeah buddy

(+1)

I can't wait for this to start! I mean I am a total noob at C# and Unity, but this does sound like a fun challenge. :D 

HostSubmitted

That's the plan, its for fun and self learning, i might record my development to show others how i go about things

Okay! I'm still noob at C# too. All my knowledge about JavaScript on Unity. Maybe it's a way to learn it.

You can just have 1 game manager script handeling everything with the update method and then have multiple other classes for each object which references it from the one monobehaviour, needed to say: It will be hard to navigate through it.

HostSubmitted

Essentially yes, as long as your script is only 1 .cs file and everything in your gaming is being powered by that 1 file (excluding Unity's included scripts such as Rigidbody,  MeshCollider, etc), there will be lots of scrolling and this jam was (at first) a small joke i had with one of my lecturer's at the time. but as the intrest seemed to grow we are making this more of a real thing but also for laughs and testing our abilities.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me as i want to make sure everyone understands the rules so i can update the page with more understandable termanology

(1 edit)

As single monobehaviour class only, are nested customs classes and structs allow? As long as they are not monobehaviour right? 

I don't fully understand: the limit is "only one monobehaviour class in only one .cs file" or "only one .cs file"? 

thanks

Jam HostSubmitted

@MiguelObando & @roadtonogames as long as everything is within 1 .cs file you are free to write however you please.

(+1)

Any number of anything as long everything is on same file, thanks