SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Voting Spreadsheet template - Google Docs

A topic by AZ created Jul 02, 2022 Views: 279 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Hello!

I have just create a Google Docs Spreadsheet template for you to store your votes and private comments on games:

It includes all categories with descriptions and the names of the games (clickable with links) and authors (ordered by them in fact). It also includes two games out of contest.

You can access to the readonly template form this link:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q-nAnaFENMxOt-ZBRcTJfkfpKPQRg3UQma8GSZqS95Y/edit?usp=sharing

Then, you will need to go to "File > Make a copy" menu, and in the popup you rename it to the name you like the most, like "My personal voting".

Hope this helps because there is many work here to play and evaluate ^.^

UPDATE: 

Andrew Shultz gently improves that spreadsheet with his own version, that you can find here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KMDMaSwcG3iQW_DgvQGQMV512j8SMYuQ-krXa91JBxs/edit#gid=0

Thanks man!

(+1)

Thank you! Just downloading it now having run into the can't vote bug too.

Submitted(+1)

Cool! You know, use your impresionism and powers to do good!

Host(+1)

Thank you for posting your detailed spreadsheet.

Itch.io admin still hasn't resolved our problem. :(

Submitted

This was really useful to get me going! It's also very nice to have a backup plan, or a way to at least record votes.

If you want to modify the spreadsheet to include functions, you may want to go to File: Settings: Locale.

The functions I used were COUNTIF and COUNTA. I added a few squares to track my pace for getting through games. I'd like to keep ahead of the curve. I may share what I have here or on intfiction.org.

It's going to be fun to see how many votes are dumped once the itch.io admins resolve things. Hopefully they'll do it soon, but it's not going to stop me from playing.

Submitted

Oh, sorry, it seams that the sheet was created using my default language preferences. I suppose this can be easyly changed, but I need to see how.

As you say, there is a "CONTAR.SI" equivalent to "COUNTIF". I hate this of translating commands of language programs/Excel. It's a source of problems and the effort to learn one word or other is mainly the same, having you to learn again if you work in other language. Inherited bad ideas...

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey, no problem, it makes sense. File::Settings:: can change both the locale and the time zone. That should be the responsibility of whoever wants to make a copy to edit.

I also tried a trick with my local copy. I wrote a function in the English locale then converted to Spanish. It turns out

=countif(c3:c21,"x")

which works in English locale doesn't work, but

=countif(c3:c21;"x")

which it's converted to, works in the Spanish locale. Grammar police, eh?

Submitted

bufff... that's an old time consuming "friend" of mine...