On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What work are you using for your project?

A topic by Laura Michet created Jan 01, 2019 Views: 157
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Jam Host (1 edit)

I am really taken by this book on public health I found on the Gutenberg Project website. https://www.gutenberg.org/files/58591/58591-h/58591-h.htm It has quite a lot to say about sewage, what direction your house should face, how disease inheritance supposedly works, and some useful formulae for figuring how much acid to pump into my home before I am killed:

"The following formula enables many problems relating to ventilation to be solved. Let p = the amount of poison (carbonic acid) in every cubic foot of fresh air, viz. ·0004 cubic foot. Let A = the number of cubic feet of fresh air delivered or available, P = the amount of carbonic acid exhaled, and x = the amount of carbonic acid per cubic foot in the room at the end of a given time. Then—

x
 = p + P ∕ A, whence A = P ∕ (x - p).

If the carbonic acid in the air of a room is ·75 per 1,000 volumes (that in the outer air being ·4 per 1,000 volumes), and there are five persons in the room, how much air is entering the room per hour?"

I'm generally worried about finding good stuff to put in my project because so much of the 1923 stuff we now have access to is so boring, bad, or racist. I'm sure that there's some gems here in the books but I don't have time to read like 1000 novels to find the good shit.