Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Possible variant to add to the contest?

A topic by amazingjoe created Aug 14, 2022 Views: 144 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4

Since it seems like spirit of this contest is taking a constraint-based fantasy game development console and further constraining the developer I was wondering if it wouldn't be interesting to add another category where the game must be submitted as a QR code. And I don't mean QR code URL link that redirects you to someone's webpage they exported from Pico-8 but a QR code that redirects people to the webrunner and where the entire program is stored as a URL parameter.

Here is a post with a bit more information of what I am suggesting and why QR code carts are kind of neat. And they scan great (and run great) from mobile phones.

Pico-8 QR Code Games (0.2.4c)+ (lexaloffle.com)

HostSubmitted

Thanks for the suggestion!

I've always been interested in the QR code format for PICO-8 carts
(as you could probably tell from my interactions with Zep on the Twitter post you referrenced!)
However, until he made the Education Edition, that wasn't really very doable - had forgotten that it could be an option again.

I do already have an (optional) Source Code URL field(s) for submissions, which I suggest ppl use the Education Edition for.
But yeah, maybe a QR code could be cool too.

Lemme think about it - coz it could be cool, but it may also make an already fairly complicated (for) jam MORE complicated! 馃槄

HostSubmitted (1 edit) (+1)

This is all your fault, @amazingjoe! 馃槣
(thx for reminding me that I wanted QR code tie-in to the jam! 馃槈)
#ComingSoon

HostSubmitted

As promised! 馃槈

馃寪 PICO-8 Web Tools