Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What are you working on? Where are you in development?

A topic by yerriktrb created Nov 06, 2023 Views: 232 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 7
(+2)

I want my project to be a secret so I'm not going to post screenshots, but I invite everyone to give updates here. 

I opened PiCo-8 and started coding 2 days ago, with the help of the SpaceCat tutorials. I now have a little guy that moves around! My next goal is to make big sprites that can talk to one another, like the opening of Gordy and the Monster Moon. 

Submitted (2 edits) (+2)

I’m not much of a game designer; the core gameplay of my entry is a bog-standard “match 3”, and I wanted to make sure I could get that working before I fully embrace scope creep for the rest of the month. Here’s what I’ve got after my first solid weekend in PICO-8. Now the trick is to successfully focus on my day job instead of adding new features…

Host

@yerriktrb if total secrecy is how you wanna play it, that's completely cool, BUT you could always post a cryptic screenshot that didn't give anything away ;)

I started a dev log for my project over here. Using the most recent Stephen King book I read (Dark Tower #2) as my inspiration source. Hoping to find a lot more hours this week than I did last week!

Submitted

Finally picked a book and have an idea for a game, but I’m still working out the mechanics. Using this post on BBS for some rotating and scaling sprites, but I might scrap that and use something simpler.

Confession: I’m planning to submit my game to the Game Off Jam as well.

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

here’s my progress so far, making something very loosely inspired by the only thing i really remember about the book Dreamcatcher

first i had a worm who was just wormin’ around for a while:

then i added some janky pipe wall collision:

then today i added butts and water stuff and finally came up with some sort of goal so it kind of actually feels like a game now:

Submitted(+2)

We have a successful transition from main menu to gameplay!

Nice! Congratulations on being the first to release a whole a** game!

Submitted

Ah but this is only part of the ass game!

Host

But if he's out there digging.......who's driving the car???

Submitted

Wrong King story; you’re thinking of Christine. Or Trucks/Maximum Overdrive, maybe? I didn’t realize King had such a beef with self-driving cars.

Submitted

my game is now feature-complete, gameplay-wise... but I still need to make the rest of the levels, add an ending, write some music, add some more enemy types, fix some bugs, and polish everything 😅