Jobs
Tags

Pixel Game Maker MV Game Development Challenge2019 Results 結果発表 Sticky Locked

A topic by Pixel Game Maker MV created Aug 04, 2020 Views: 2,595
This topic is locked
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host(+1)

※日本語は下部にございます。

This page is the official result page for Pixel Game Maker MV Game Development Challenge 2019, a contest held between October 3, 2019 and March 31, 2020 by Active Gaming Media and KADOKAWA CORPORATION on itch.io.

Thanks from the bottom of our hearts to the participants!

The level was extremely high and we look forward to seeing the further development of the games and the contestant’s next titles!

Here is now the details of the winners announcements:

Grand Prize: 

GAME BATTLE TYCOONゲームバトルタイクーン

Choose from a variety of cute and goofy combatants and face off in a 2D arcade-style fighter while simultaneously juggling one of five different mini-games. 

Comments from Daisuke Amaya:

“A vs. game where you can obstruct play from outside the game being played by physically attacking the other player.

Has a gacha feature using in game currency that you win, so there is an item collection aspect to it too.

The in-game game battle with the physical obstruction game mechanic is great but may lead to matches being too prolonged.”

Comment from Koji Igarashi:

“The graphics are great and there is voice too. It is amazing how not just the games but other aspects have had so much work put into them. The concept of a no rules vs. game where you can obstruct the other player is great however it is very difficult to balance when it actually comes to creating something like this. I played it several times but I did not feel enough merit in the physical obstruction part of the gameplay.

The games are hard enough, so I wasn’t able to get my mind around to working in the obstruction aspect into my strategy as I was too busy trying to actually play the games themselves. There is a great tutorial, which I think would be even better if it explained some of the strategies you can use. I believe the developer has some kind of gameplay style in mind and it would improve the experience if that was made more apparent right from the start.”

Comment from Takumi Naramura: 

“I like how the developer obviously had an idea in mind and put a lot of time into making it exactly how he wanted.

However, each battle takes a little too long in my opinion. The game controls and enemy attack timings are almost too perfect which makes it difficult to take advantage of the obstruction mechanic. Maybe moving the platforms closer and introducing timings during the game where you can effectively attack the other player would improve the experience. “

Comments from Rafael Grasseti: 

"Love the idea for the game, very entertaining to play with friends. Characters have great personalities and different play styles to them. Visually is very appealing but it does get a little too busy in some ways. The game would benefit from an art pass on the arenas, cleaning up some of the art on the environment so the focus is on the machines and interactable elements. The use of the logo in a lot of places makes the game confusing sometimes. I love the characters and style choices. Overall great game, lots of fun. Congrats."

Side View Award and Playism Special Award: 

Timothy and the Tower of Mu (PGMMV demo)

This game wins two prizes.

Mixing old-school elements with new ideas, puzzles and RPG elements to challenge even proficient platform-lovers, this game is a challenging and unforgiving retro-style 2D action platformer.

Comments from Daisuke Amaya: 

“The art has obviously had a lot of work put into it making for a great first impression.

It would be best to introduce and drive home the importance of the Money and Stamina early on in the game.

Around the same difficulty level as Ghosts ‘n Goblins but comes across as a little less polished.”

Comment from Koji Igarashi:

“The player character pixel art was especially well done.

The controls are solid, however I did find myself missing my button presses sometimes so a button config would be a great addition.

The enemy hitboxes are large and just grazing past them you take damage, so I did find my frustration building a little. In my experience when it comes to taking damage, when colliding with an enemy you should need to make a little bit of contact with them before taking damage while enemy attacks should have a slightly larger hit box, this balance is something most players consider fair.

The opening sequence is a little dull and you can avoid most of the enemies so I felt there was not much point in being made to walk such a long distance.

However, when the instakill spikes are introduced, the difficulty ramps up suddenly. As it is still early on in the game, if you introduce one hit death spikes it would be best if dying wasn’t too punishing.”

Comment from Takumi Naramura: 

“I can feel that the developer is very particular about their art and it shows. Really nice. The stage layout can be a bit monotonous and the fact that you have to use all the actions right from the beginning could possibly lead to players getting bored after a while. Changing the stage design to gradually require more actions to get through would improve the gameplay experience.”

Comments from Rafael Grasseti: 

"Artistically there are a lot of things that I love about this game, the style is very consistent, a lot of great animation and the music is on point. The game is challenging enough and mechanics work really well, I wish there was a bit more polish on the gameplay side but nothing that took out of the experience. Would love to see more enemy variations if the devs had more time. Excellent job!"

Pixel Game Maker Select Award: 

Z-termination demo -Updated-.

In addition, as the game the most voted by the community, the Pixel Game Maker Select Award has been awarded to Z-termination demo -Updated-.

Explore the wasteland and consider different approaches to conflict. Choose between sneaking, fighting, planning traps, and more while adventuring through handcrafted stages.

This year, as there was only a small number of titles competing for these awards, we have decided to forego awarding the Top View Award and the Multiplayer Award. Thank you for your understanding.

We plan to have this contest next year again, and hope to see many of you participating in the contest! 

ーーーーーーーーーー

2019年10月3日から2020年3月31日の間、itch.ioにて開催された『アクションゲームツクールMV』ゲームデベロップメントチャレンジ2019 の公式結果発表をいたします。

主催:株式会社アクティブゲーミングメディア

協賛:株式会社KADOKAWA

この度は多数のご応募をいただき、誠にありがとうございます。

応募作品のレベルは総じて高いものばかりでしたので、応募者の方の更なる開発や次回作品を大変楽しみにしております。

それでは、早速大賞を発表いたします。

大賞: GAME BATTLE TYCOONゲームバトルタイクーン

話題のe-Sportsと格闘ゲームを融合した、「ルール無用で相手のコントローラーを奪えば勝ち!」というゲームです。ゲームの種類は全部で5種類。ブロック崩し、落ちものパズル、ドットイート、プライズキャッチャー、シューティング。6人のキャラクターが選べ、1人用のストーリーモードもあります。

天谷大輔氏からのコメント:

格闘によるゲーム外妨害が出来てしまう対戦ゲーム。獲得したお金でガチャをするなど、コレクション要素もある。ゲーム内ゲームと格闘を行き来しながら進める試合は1回の決着に時間がかかってしまうのが難点かも。

五十嵐孝司氏からのコメント:

グラフィックがとてもきれいだし、音声も入っている上に、ゲーム以外の部分まで作りこまれていてとても素晴らしいです。ルール無用のゲームバトルというコンセプトは非常に分かりますが、実際にゲームにしたときにこの2つの融合は難しいかと思います。ゲーム自体が難しくプレイするのに必死になり、戦略がわかり辛いので既存のチュートリアルの中に「こう遊んでほしい」という遊びの設計を最初からプレイヤーに伝えたらもっと良くなると思います。

楢村匠氏からのコメント:

やりたいことと作りたいことを徹底的にやりきっているところがかなり好印象。

ただ1対戦が長い。しかも敵の攻撃・ゲーム操作が完璧すぎて付け入る隙がなく難易度が高い。両者の対戦台をもっと近づけたり、いいタイミングで相手のゲームを邪魔できるようにしたりなどすればもっとよくなる。

ラファエル・ グラセッティ氏からのコメント: 

コンセプトが素晴らしいです。友達とプレイするととても面白い。各キャラクターの性格もちゃんと出ていてプレイスタイルも様々。ビジュアル的にも非常に良いのですがちょっと画面が騒がしいかなと思うところもありました。アリーナのデザインは、マシンなどゲームプレイに重要な部分を強調するなどしたらもっと良くなると思います。あと、ロゴが色々なところで使われていて多少見づらいかな。

キャラクターとゲームスタイルが特に気に入りました!いいゲームです、おめでとう!

サイドビュー部門&PLAYISM特別賞: Timothy and the Tower of Mu (ティモシーとムー大陸の巨塔)(PGMMV demo)

*同作品についてはダブル受賞となります。

RPG要素がちりばめられたクラシックな2D横スクロール型アクションです。「初代パルテナの鏡」「魔界村」「ワンダと巨像」「ファザナドゥ」などのレトロゲームからインスパイアされたシステムを採用した、高難易度のゲームです。

天谷大輔氏からのコメント:

描き込まれたグラフィックが魅力的で第一印象で期待が持てました。

体力やお金の存在意義は早めに登場させたらもっとよくなると思います。

ゲーム紹介にあった通り、ファミコン時代の魔界村くらい難しいですが、魔界村と比べると少し地味かもしれません。

五十嵐孝司氏からのコメント:

プレイヤーのドット絵は良く描けていました。基本的な操作は良いですが、ボタンの配置に少し戸惑ったため、ボタンコンフィグがあると良いですね。

ただ、敵のコリジョンが若干大きいのが気になります。自分の経験上、「ダメージの当たりはめり込むぐらい」、「攻撃の当たりはかすっても当たるくらい」というのがプレイヤー側が納得できる当たりだと思います。

また、マップについては序盤はほとんどの敵を無視できてしまうので、改善の必要があります。 途中で棘の一発アウトがでるようになってから難易度が急激に上がるので、序盤はなるべくリトライがしやすいようにした方がいいと思います。

楢村匠氏からのコメント:

グラフィックにこだわりを感じる出来栄え。ステージ構成が間延び気味なのと、序盤から全アクション要素を活用しないと進めないのが大変。遊ぶ人を飽きさせないように構成すると良くなる。

ラファエル・ グラセッティ氏からのコメント: 

アートスタイルの統一感がありアニメーションもドンピシャでとても好きです。サウンドもいいですね。ゲームプレイの難易度も高くて、アクション要素もしっかりしていて歯ごたえのあるタイトルですが、もう少し敵の種類を増やすなど、もっと磨き上げたらさらに良くなると思います。いい作品です!おつかれさまでした!

ツクール賞:Z-termination demo -Updated-

また、ユーザーの皆様によるコミュニティ投票の結果、ツクール賞は一番投票数を獲得した Z-termination demo -Updated-に決定しました。

*トップビュー部門マルチプレイ部門につきましては、応募作品数が少なかったため大変残念ながら今回は授賞作品はございません。

「ゲームデベロップチャレンジ」は次回も開催を予定しておりますので、是非ご参加ください。