Skip to main content

On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
TagsGame Engines

What are your inspirations for your game?

A topic by JuiceTeaBeans created 40 days ago Views: 69 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 4

What is inspiring your game development right now? For me, it's spooky season! I was going for a rainbow-esque platformer but scrapped the idea after running across some great horror/scary sound effects that inspired me.

What about you?

Submitted

I had been thinking about a ttrpg I worked on years ago that, in retrospect, I wasn't skilled enough to tackle. I then happened to see a recommendation post for a bunch of rpg's where you played as AI's and then the announcement for this game jam in quick succession, and that got me thinking on how to tackle the themes, but it a much more narrow focus and lense!

I love that you're tackling a past project! I feel like we all have good ideas we forget about that can always be revived when it feels right. Can't wait to play!

Submitted

I've been thinking about online friendships a lot, mostly the ones I've lost contact with over the years, so making a ttrpg a bit about that, in relation to online gaming and such. It's going to be a weird project but I'm getting somewhere I like with it.

I like the inspiration! Interested to see what you make of it.

Submitted

For me , I live in a university town so autumn is always the busiest, liveliest time of year. So I was thinking about autumn as a time of change and activity and preparing for things,  and I was also thinking about the sea..So I ended up with a concept where the player is the genius loci of a harbour in autumn...

That sounds pretty cool! Excited to see how the concept plays out.