Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Looking for team members who can behave professionally and are serious about making a game

A topic by Jaime Renée Wiz created Dec 27, 2023 Views: 408 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted

Right now, it’s just me (programmer, writer/narrative, music) and another person handling music. I’m working on a short comedy romance narrative in an existing world written in Ink, and is PLANNED to go to Unity, if art allows. There’s no expectations on length or quality for this, because I literally just want to make A game, and I’m literally doing most of the work on this myself, I’m just looking for support. I’ve made those expectations or lack-thereof clear with previous members of this team, and I don’t want to single people out, but people who claim to have experience and be professional are very quick to jump ship at the sight of having to do just a little bit of work, or having a small unrelated difference of opinion OUTSIDE the game jam. I’m looking for professional and serious people only (not to say we won’t have fun, but have fun while really making a game). I’m a professional developer of 6 years. I do things with professional workflows, and I will guide your hand the whole way if you’ve never done that before. I’m sorry I have to word it all this way, and I’d be more than willing to talk about the project in chat, I’m just flabbergasted at the week I’ve just experienced.

Submitted

I’ll even abandon my project and join up with a team that needs a writer/programmer, as long as that team is professional. I just want to make a game, man. I’m desperate.

Submitted

I feel you so hard on just wanting to make something! I want to have helped make a fun game by the end of this jam, that I can feel proud of. Game jams are so much more fun when I get to collaborate with people :3 I'm a programmer with a bunch of experience using Unity. You can check out any of my games on Itch, my most recent upload is Phase Drift.

I'm *trying* to get a discord started for a team for this jam, feel free to join https://discord.gg/HeYkmHNbyP

I'd love to hear what you have goin already ^.^ you can totally add me on discord at nebulaminer

Submitted

Joined!

Submitted

Hi! I'm an artist and a beginner when it comes to game dev, but I'd love to work with you if you're open to a newbie. I'm very serious about finally turning my dreams into reality and creating a complete game. I have a small portfolio right now, but you can see some of my works here: https://www.deviantart.com/dantasmagoria
I can do character sprites, backgrounds and anything else that might be needed!

Submitted

Hey! If you’re still looking for a group, join the discord above! We’re still absorbing people it’s a good group.

Submitted

Hi! I'm also a writer/narrative designer looking for a group. I have a passion for supernatural/sci-fi topics, and am looking to participate in my first Game Jam! I thrive of well-structured teamwork and would love to join if your group is still looking for people/another writer to join. I also have intermediate Unity Experience and would be able to offer some help in programming as well. :)

Submitted

Join the discord above. We’re growing fast, this is gonna be an epic game.

(1 edit)

Hey there! I am interested in joining the cause if there's still some space! I am a recent Game Art graduate that specializes in 3d modeling, but I am definitely capable of other aspects of game design, whether it's concept art, character modeling, level design, etc. Here's my artstation:

https://www.artstation.com/agomez1 

Completely understand if y'all are filled up, no worries!

*Edit:* The discord link isn't working, not sure if that is intentional or not.