Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

First Time Creating a TTRPG: Questions and Concept

A topic by Fetch created 13 days ago Views: 42 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Hi! I love the theme, so I want to participate in the game jam. It’ll be my first time making a game! Do I just write up something in Google Docs, do basic formatting, export as a PDF, upload to my creator page, and grab a public domain image to use as the “cover”?

Here’s what I have as a concept (for Caltrop Core) THE NECROMANCER You shed your skin and your name. They are dead to you. They are tools to him.

The Necromancer collects the names, bodies, and ideas we cast aside or rejected. He puppets these useless scraps, sending them to hurt their former owners, either directly or through deception.

You are a paladin: one who embraced your new identity. Your powers to burn and illuminate come from a burning desire to protect others struggling to be themselves.

As a paladin, your task is to destroy the necromancer’s constructs, find clues about the necromancer’s location and identity, and confront him.

Submitted

First draft complete! Tomorrow I’ll go back and punch it up.

HostSubmitted

Yeah, that's absolutely the way a lot of people publish their first game! It's that simple. And OO this concept sounds really cool! Can't wait to check it out, feel free to link the itch page here when it's live!

Submitted

The page is live! Could you please have a look and let me know what you think? Is there anything else I need to do at this point? Can I start directing people to the document?

Thanks again for hosting this jam!