Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Are you familiar with blockchain technology? Sticky

A topic by ChainCade created Dec 12, 2021 Views: 178 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host

Hey everyone, let's see how many of you Indie game developers know about blockchain and cryptocurrencies. And while we're at it, let's also see your general stand on these, pro and cons, fears, doubts and hopes.

Submitted(+1)

hey there i´m pretty into cryptos and a hodler myself. i believe cryptos will be the way to pay in the future and will get a bit more importance when facebook will force their metaverse in the market. i don´t have a clue about the technical site on blockchains except theory. the biggest struggle cryptos will have are their volatility, that needs to be overcome to be really popular and used by many people, it´s right now too much like gambling and those get-rich-quick guys are really hurting the community.

Host

You're right about crypto being the go-to payment method, and you're also right about the fact that crypto faces problems of its own creation. But once regulations kick in, only the projects with true utility will survive, and get rich quick schemes will be dealt with. We're very hopeful for the future.

Good luck for the Jam, we'd love to see you share any progress you make on your game. Be sure to join our telegram and discord, a lovely community awaits.