Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Talk About Your Entry Sticky

A topic by Minakie created Jul 05, 2021 Views: 241 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Jam Host

This corner is where you can talk a bit about your game. Which system does it use? What's the theme and what was the inspiration behind it? Which research sources (music, books, movies, games, etc.) did you use - or plan to use - as preparation? Do you have any goals that you want to achieve during this jam?

If you have questions or are looking for feedback regarding your game, please create a new Topic instead.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Este cantinho é para poderem falar um pouco dos vossos jogos. Que sistema usa? Qual é o tema e qual foi a inspiração por trás? Que fontes de pesquisa (música, livros, filmes, jogos, etc.) é que usaram - ou pensam vir a usar - como preparação? Têm algum objectivo que queiram alcançar durante a jam?

Se tiverem questões ou quiserem feedback sobre o vosso jogo, por favor criem antes um novo Tópico.

Jam Host

Título: All Bark, No Bite / Cão Que Ladra Não Morde

Tema: Cães

Sistema: Provavelmente algo do género de Honey Heist e/ou Lasers & Feelings (são pequenos e, consequentemente, fáceis de hackear lol)

Filmes/Séries de Inspiração: 101 Dálmatas; A Caminho de Casa; A Dama e o Vagabundo; A Vida de um Campeão; Air Bud; Alfa; Antárctida - Da Sobrevivência ao Resgate; Balto; Benji; Bethoven; Bolt; Hachi: A Dog's Tale; Hotel para Cães; Ilha dos Cães; Juntos Para Sempre; Lassie; Marley e Eu; O Apelo Selvagem; Oliver e seus Companheiros; Presa Branca; Skip, Um Amigo Especial; Red Dog; Snobs; Todos os Cães Merecem o Céu; Togo; Um Rapaz e o Seu Cão (exploram a vida de cães vadios, ou a relação entre cães e os seus donos)

Objectivo: Para ser um bocadinho diferente dos anos anteriores, em que só escrevi em inglês, o objectivo para este ano é que o jogo seja disponibilizado também na língua de Camões.

Número de Jogadores: Preferencialmente 3-4

Tempo de Sessão: 1-3 horas

Jam HostSubmitted

Aventuras de Bolso é um jogo de representação colaborativo onde um grupo de amigos se juntam para contar as aventuras dos seus heróis, em cenas de ação frenética e espetaculares. Os aventureiros são claramente capazes de feitos para além das capacidades das pessoas normais, fruto das vicissitudes da vida. Indivíduos independentes, autônomos, perigosos, intrigantes, sedutores e possivelmente muito eficazes.

Inspiração

RPGs: Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, Lasers & Feelings, Swords Without Master, Wushu, Coriolis.

Filmes/Séries/Livros/Banda Desenhada/Anime: The Suicide Squad, Firefly, The Matrix, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, Seven Samurai, Groo o Errante, Usagi Yojimbo, Power Rangers, Samurai Jack, Samurai X, Jovens Heróis de Shaolin, Double World.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pocket Adventures is a collaborative role-playing game where a group of friends get together to tell the adventures of their heroes, in frenetic and spectacular action scenes. Adventurers are clearly capable of feats beyond the capabilities of normal people, the result of the vicissitudes of life. Independent, autonomous, dangerous, intriguing, seductive, and possibly very effective individuals.

Inspiration

RPGs: Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, Lasers & Feelings, Swords Without Master, Wushu, Coriolis.

Movies/Series/Books/Comics/Anime: The Suicide Squad, Firefly, The Matrix, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, Seven Samurai, Groo the Wanderer, Usagi Yojimbo, Power Rangers, Samurai Jack, Samurai X, Young Heroes of Shaolin, Double World.

Submitted

Hey!

Withering Light is a fantasy horror RPG structured for 4-5 players, one being the game master.

In Withering Light, players take on the roles of adventurers delving deep into a haunted and dark underworld making their way through eldritch abominations and horrors that will consume their minds. The more the adventurers will delve deep into the earth, the more the lights will wither giving way to madness and despair.

Inspirations:

• RPGs: Mothersip, Blades in the Dark, Dungeon World, Darkest Dungeon.
  • Other medias: Lovecraft, Robert Howard, every single dungeonsynth youtube channel.
Jam HostSubmitted

Seems great.

Hope to read it soon.

Good luck.

Misticspell

Submitted

Hello! This is my first attempt at designing a game in the first place so I'm sure it has plenty of flays already haha.

Scarred is an horror themed RPG based around a high school premise where a group of students explore an abandoned annex of their school, while dealing with the atrocities inside and the mental trauma they inflict upon them.

It is inspired from RPG maker games like Mad Father, Ib, Corpse party, the Witches House and the Crooked Man. Other inspirations include, Another (manga), Higurashi, Ousama Game, Mirai Nikki,  Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill, Alan Wake, Phasmophobia.

The main mechanic revolves around Dread, a quantifiable value that determines the mental state of the student. The more Dread they accumulate, they can use it to improve their abilities or increase the chance for a successful die roll. However should they let it increase too much and they become insane, mad or possessed.

I came up with most systems of this game but I'm sure there might be some inspiration from other games that I am not recalling.

Submitted

Título: Days of Glory (or DOG, you know, for short...)

Tema: Adventures in unknown and weird dimensions, by a group of disposable professionals that sign up for a sentence reduction.

Sistema: A 54-card deck. Hand of 3 cards. 

Filmes/Séries de Inspiração: Star Trek, StarGate, FLCL, Monty Python.

Objectivo: Get the mechanics interesting enogh to a point where I might revisit this on a later date.

Número de Jogadores: Narrator and 2-4 players

Tempo de Sessão: 2 hours, usually. Keep it short and episodic.

Submitted

This year's submission of mine is Trilhos no Oblívio (TnO), a GM-full and dice-less game that circles around the idea of a group of friends meeting again and remembering the events around a past trip. It uses domino pieces to define if memories are comming back correctly, and it has 2 different game modes. TnO also features different Archetypes and types of memories. Along with a section with random tables that I wish to expand, and some other interesting bits I want to add in a near future. Right now it's in Portuguese, but I wish to have it translated once I improve the game's layout.