Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Bow Weapons

A topic by Wulfboyraff created Jan 11, 2023 Views: 216 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+2)

I have no idea if this is a useful place to put this kind of thing, but looking for some feedback. I've been noodling round a "bow" theme. This is a draft. I suspect the BLOCK on the 1-handed Stance is extraneous, the flavour text is a bit bland, and I'm not sure there's enough room on a standard card to list the Focus effects, but apart from that....

Obviously the intent is you run around with the bow in your off-hand generating focus while doing something else with your other weapon, then switch to two-handed mode to unleash a barrage of arrows, then switch back to dodging about and staying at range until you have enough focus to fire again, but you could also just stay in two-handed mode if you have other ways of keeping your opponents at range.

(1 edit)

Looks like a pretty fun, build-defining weapon. I'd personally bring down all the move on 1hand to "move 1", I think the block and focus increases are benefit enough. With how powerful 2hand is, I think it would be fun to be underpowered until you can release ridiculous shots.

Cool! Cheers that's in line with some of the discussion I've already had. Will give it some more playtesting with the lower move.

Submitted

I have been tossing ideas around for a bow, but yours is by far better than anything I've thought up.

Ah cheers :) That makes me feel a lot better

Submitted

Yeah this is really fun. I’ve played around with a ranged weapon but couldn’t think of a way to not make it OP. I think your “focus” could be a good way to balance it. I think it encourages the right kind of play, namely using it sparingly and in conjunction with a melee weapon. Reminds me of how I play hyper light drifter.