Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Did anyone else switch from momentum, to mutation?

A topic by Nebulaoblivion created Jan 29, 2024 Views: 130 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

And if so, what was your game like before, and whats it like now?

My original momentum game was a top down space game, where you tried to collect score tokens, and fuel, while burning as little fuel as possible, using gravity to your advantage.

I learned on the second day that the theme had switched, and started to work on my new game Oh no! Mutants! right away. Well, after a walk, and a snack. It's a first person shooter, where you try to get a high score by killing as many mutants as you can, before they overwhelm you. The things I made for the first game that survived the transition, are the spaceship model, UI buttons, and the stars. By the time I saw someone had said we didn't need to restart with the new theme, I had already set up my character controller, and modeled, textured, and animated the mutants. So I decided to stick with it, rather than switch back to momentum.

Submitted
Here's a screenshot of my original momentum game. It didn't let me upload it in the first post for some reason.

and here's the mutation game i ended up making.

(+1)

Oh lol that sucks, the game looks cool though!

Submitted(+1)

Ohh.. thats what happened. I realised on the last day that the theme had switched and was confused...

Submitted(+1)

I had the same thing and ended up using both themes. Actually, I was also joining the Global Game Jam, so I ended up using 3 themes for my game and submitted it to 2 game jams :)