Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introductions

A topic by Gamenomicon created Jun 12, 2021 Views: 186 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 3
HostSubmitted(+1)

Hey all, I thought it would be fun to introduce ourselves a bit and chat some while we work on some projects. I'll go first!

Hi, I'm Will and I live in the Ozarks (Springfield, MO to be precise). I've been an analog gamer of some kind since about 7th grade when I picked up some Magic cards. Most of my gaming has been pretty well devoted to card gaming and in particular, A Game of Thrones, where I run a 450+ episode podcast.

That said, over the last 5 years or so, I've really found roleplaying games to be a more fulfilling venue for my own projects as opposed to trying to create my own card games or the like. Something about the conflux of mood and mechanics and making my own world seems to connect better with me. The ways that they interact and reinforce each other in really good games is fascinating to me. I suppose that might be how I end up with most games being at the very ends of the emotional spectrum from horror to despair to romance. Something about having that very defined goal and lining up mechanics to match it really appeals to me rather than the more generalized nature of something like D&D.

Anyway, that's probably enough about me for the moment. How about yourselves?

(1 edit) (+1)

Hi, Will.  I'm Avri, a New Yorker by birth and by choice - I spent twenty years in between getting educated in England.

Was introduced to RPGs through Red Box D&D in the early 80s and quickly found end explored everything else that came along.  I'm a systems designer - my first published boardgame was for Looney Labs Icehouse / Treehouse / Looney Pyramids system, and soon after came a design for Nestorgames' Shibumi system.

It's no surprise that in shifting gears from boardgames to RPGs I have gravitated towards SRDs.  I Kickstarted a Descended From the Queen game, my first release on Itch was for the Carta system, and I'm currently working on games for Second Guess and for LEADS . . .

And all while the deadline for submitting my short story for an anthology creeps closer . . .

Submitted(+2)

Hi, I’m Molly. I love the idea of TTRPGs but group attempts don’t usually work out for me (unpredictable chronic health issues are fun) so I got more into solo games (and actual play shows but that’s neither here nor there).

This is gonna be my first attempt at game writing, but my hope is the small size and abundance of examples will really let me figure it out. 

Ngl I’m kinda intimidated by your portfolios tho.

(+1)

Welcome, Molly.  If there's one thing that I wish I knew before starting to design games, it's how collegiate and cooperative and supportive the other people doing it are!  If you have questions, ask.  If you are looking for feedback, you'll be able to find it.  If you are worried you don't have the experience or whatever, know that everyone has to have a first design.

I'm looking forward to trying yours!

Submitted

Thanks! That's really encouraging.

HostSubmitted

I can totally understand feeling a bit intimidated. I still do pretty regularly! But don't worry too much. Everyone in the TTRPG community that I've met or interacted with through Itch has been great and I'm happy to help answer questions or anything I can do!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

If it makes you feel any better, this is only my fourth time game writing for a Jam/using an SRD Template. It gets pretty easy once you get an idea going.

HostSubmitted

For sure. Once you get that nugget of an idea, more things start to flow from there.