Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What are you working on?

A topic by Wandering Pine Press created Jan 07, 2022 Views: 91 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

What’s the elevator pitch for the game you are planning to submit?

I just submitted Here & Far. The premise is a Wretched and Alone game with 4 different “scenarios” to make it more replay able. But for the jam, I only wrote one scenario.

I’m working on a second possible submission, but may have bitten off more than I can chew. This one is inspired by the interlocking oracles from Ironsworn Delve, but takes that to an extreme and builds a whole journaling game around it.

Submitted(+1)

First few sections of TVW's page itself is a pretty solid elevator pitch, tbh, albeit maybe a tad longer than normal:

"A solo RPG journal game script about witch initiates, magic, road tripping, and a mixture of slice-of-life moments between some misadventures. Heavily inspired by games such as Thousand Year Old Vampire and Village Witch. You take on the role of a witch initiate, a current senior student of the magic academy organized by the regional Magic Worker's Union: a collection of witches that have established ties with the various communities scattered across the continent of the 'new' world. Although much of humanity has retreated to its few remaining cities left, there are still many that live in rural areas still--where they typically can live peaceful, albeit odd and eccentric lives. Witches are constantly employed by members of these rural communities--as well as the poorer communities in more urban areas--in order to help with environmental, spiritual, magical, resource, and social issues that pop up within communities that the MWU is contracted to help. The MWU provides the necessary labor needed for some of their troubles, and the communities in return provide the witch with safe places to live, along with sustenance and a minor position of authority and trust in the community. "

Submitted

I just submitted my second game submission: What REALLY Happened.

The premise is that your favorite novel is about real events, but you were there, and it didn't happen like that. It presents an opportunity to get creative with your favorite novel.