SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My game idea

A topic by imakefunstuff created Jun 11, 2023 Views: 70 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

im gonna make a puzzel platformer in godot 4 my idea mechanics are:

• A spike that destroys squares: This could be a hazard that the player has to avoid or use strategically. For example, the player could use a square to block a spike and create a safe path, or use a spike to destroy a square that is blocking the way.
  • A button that triggers other objects when a square is put on it: This could be a puzzle element that the player has to use to activate or deactivate other objects. For example, the player could use a square to press a button that opens a door, or use a button to change the gravity of the level.
  • A door: This could be an obstacle that the player has to open or close using squares or buttons. For example, the player could use a square to hold a door open, or use a button to unlock a door.
  • A non-place zone: This could be an area where the player cannot spawn squares or where squares disappear. This could create a challenge for the player to find alternative ways to solve puzzles or reach places. For example, the player could use momentum or timing to cross a non-place zone, or use other objects to help them.
  • Different types of squares: This could be a way to add variety and complexity to the game. For example, the player could have different types of squares with different properties, such as color, size, weight, or function. The player could use these squares in different ways to interact with the environment or other objects. For example, the player could use a red square to activate a red switch, or use a big square to block a big gap.

obviously im gonna have to remove some to hit the jam deadline and I'll make 3 to 10 levels

Host

Glad to see someone committed to the game jam! I’ve extended the deadline (reasons are on the sticky). I hope your game turns out well!

Submitted

thanks well my game is almost done and well it changed. A LOT