Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Didn't Finish But...

A topic by Sanctioned13 created Mar 01, 2020 Views: 377 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (4 edits) (+11)

Just curious, who else didn't finish but still made something really neat?!

I got pretty close, literally just had an NPC to finish then my little demo could have been considered completed, come take a look anyways if you want: https://sanctioned13.itch.io/the-drafty-nook

Who else didn't get everything they wanted done but still made something really neat?, :D

What weren't you able to get in that you wanted to but just couldn't due to time constraints, issues, ect?

(+1)

Got some nifty AI working. And a framework for placing buildings.

Submitted

Noice, :D

HostSubmitted (1 edit) (+1)

I was still getting the only interactable objects in my game working this morning lmao

I wanted something way more expansive than half a dozen rooms and one powerup!  I have notes for half a dozen things I thought I could get working, but then, I did not get them working.

Submitted

Better late than never, XD

Submitted

So I submitted in the last five minutes and my game description page is pretty empty. Is it alright to edit the game page after the Jam officially ends or is it hands off from here on out?

Submitted(+1)

Yea, that's fine, go for it, :3

(+1)

I didn't get as far as I wanted to with mine but I got something that seems to work out/not crash. I never planned properly, I just started coding and saw where it took me. To be honest, I am not sure if I could have finished it if given another month, so I wanted some feedback mostly on the concept because I enjoyed working on this.

Submitted

Literally the same for me! I also just started coding and went with it. And am also just putting up a basic unfinished concept build for feedback, spooky we think eerily alike, XD

(+1)

Yes. I was in two minds but I thought, heck i've spent over 60 hours on this, I gotta throw something up there. It is worth it for the feedback alone and the motivation it gives you to push on. Too many times i've spent ages on something and not entered it and it's just never been touched again. I want to change that and I think getting feedback (even harsh but honest feedback) is the way forward. 

I'll check your game out early this week. 

Submitted

No rush, it's kinda an unfinished mess but i'm happy with it, gonna work on making a more complete version, i'll give yours a look too, :3