Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Congrats to our popular vote winner! Sticky

A topic by Stewart C Baker created Jan 02, 2020 Views: 224 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Host (1 edit)

Congratulations to A.M. LeBlanc’s “The Coffin Maker,” which took the first place spot in our popular vote!

Congratulations as well to all of you, for making our second game jam a success. There were a lot of games, ranging in tone from meditative pieces to tense thrillers, and all of them were fantastic–especially given how hard it is to write a finished piece of anything in 1000 words.

Give yourselves a pat on the back!

We are still poring over the games for the judges’ choice results, which will be announced next Tuesday, January 7th. I also plan to stop by on each game page and leave some feedback from our judges, so keep an eye out for that.

After that, we’ll publish both winning games alongside those written by our invited authors Ken Liu and Monica Valentinelli in our February issue.

Thank you all again for participating, and wishing you all the best in 2020!

Submitted(+2)

Congrats, A.M. LeBlanc! And congrats everyone--I know I personally had to come up with a weighted four-factor rubric because I was having so much trouble ranking all the amazing entries (also because I'm a nerd).

Also, thanks to sub-Q for all your hard work. This was the first time I've ever really published a game, much less participated in a game jam, and it couldn't have been a better experience for me. :)

Submitted(+1)

I also struggled to rank entries! I would love to vote on multiple factors next year.

And congrats to everyone and thanks to hosting a lovely jam. Looking forward to next year.

Submitted(+2)

So well-deserved!!

Submitted(+2)

Congratulations, everyone! I loved The Coffin Maker and had a blast playing all of the games :). Thank you sub-Q for hosting!

Submitted(+1)

Congrats to everyone, especially the winner. Coffin maker was one of my favs this year :) Thanks Sub-Q for hosting another great jam.

Submitted(+1)

Congratulations to everyone who took part. I loved seeing the variety of styles and approaches, and it was a pleasure to be in such creative company. Thank you for a fab jam