Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Allowed 3rd party assets?

A topic by SpectralStar created Jun 20, 2017 Views: 369 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

According to the rules, free assets are allowed. What about licensed assets? Specifically, I might be interested in using SFX from a sound library I own, and in fact I used some of those in the last jam without noticing this rule.

Also, I might be interested in using some substance materials from Allegorithmic's Substance Source library, which I have access to as part of my subscription there. I'm thinking about doing something in a more realistic style this time, so this would be a huge time saver.

I'll of course follow the rules either way, but just wanted to get this straight before the jam starts.

Host (1 edit)

Yes you can use anything as long as you have permission, so licenced and free assets are all good. But try to do the main parts of the game yourself, but sound and textures are all good.

I've just adjusted the rules.

So, if I have stuff that I worked on in another project can I use scripts from that in my entry for this, because I had an AI script setup and I don't want to redo it all over again

Host

i'm gonna say yes. this is suppose to be quite a chill game jam, without many strict rules. when it comes to code I would rather everyone use something they have made or make during the jam and not use anyone elses. So yes, you can use any code or art that you have made in the past on this game.

Okay cool, good to know