Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Is this a properly made tutorial?

A topic by Robert Szacki created Apr 21, 2022 Views: 172 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (1 edit)

Hi, as I never made a tutorial for a game I would like to ask whether I have done a proper tutorial:

The player is given information about VERB NOUN scheme, then he's placed in a room with key and the door. Then he is given hints about commands "get key" and "look". Once he take a key he's awarded with "Good work" message and he is then instructed to open door etc.

He may always check the other options, like try to open the door at first place.

Once he complete the tutorial the game goes into normal mode with standard descriptions.

Thank you for advice.

Submitted

Sounds okay to me. The main things to cover are LOOK, GET, DROP, INVENTORY and one or two other commands such as LOCK, UNLOCK, OPEN & CLOSE. Also, don't forget movement.

In your case, after getting the key, tell them about INVENTORY (or I) to see what they're carrying. After unlocking the door, you can tell them how to DROP KEY, as it's no longer needed. After opening the door, you can tell them about movement (N, S, E, W, U, D).

Submitted

Thank you for answer. Yes, in my tutorial I explain how to use INVENTORY and OPEN DOOR once he takes a key and compass directions  for movement once he opens the door.

I don't tell about DROP KEY. Once he completes the tutorial I write about HELP and HINTS commands.