SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

resubmission - revisted! IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ Sticky

A topic by AmalgamAsh created Feb 22, 2023 Views: 362 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Host

Hello all!
Some of you have been able to follow the resubmission links to carry out resubmitting your edited quests without any issue.  Others have had hiccups along the way -- don't panic, everything is fine.

Itch.io's convoluted approach to edits -- as well as my own lack of proper instruction -- are to blame.

I promise those who I've reached out to will be able to resubmit.  So, I'd like to get a total here of whoever still needs to resubmit 

IF YOU have alrerady revised your quest, AND have re-uploaded it to itch by EDITING your submission page and PUBLISHING it, I should be able to send you a link to re-submit the quest.

You can verify yourself if you published your quest simply by trying to download it and comparing to your new quest version.

Comment down below if you still need help.  We have sixty days -- although I did impose an end of day limit for revisions, I now know who all wished to revise their quests and I will ensure those get in.

If you need help, this is now the place to ask, so I can keep all of the problems in one place!

Submitted

What is a resubmission link? Are you contacting everyone that has been disqualified about the resubmission? 

I guess my quest "Time" would fall under the "barely bled onto a second page" with the last line under the wandering monster on page 2.

I have an updated version here. Am I allowed to just switch it or what to do now?

Host

that's what this thread is for -- so, if you've updated it and the pdf that can be accessed now currently is one page qith bo footer content missing, I will send you a link that only you can use, that will allow you to resubmit your quest.  At least, that's how simple it should be.

Submitted

Ok, so I'll just wait for now.

Host

your updated quest is in and good to go!  No further action but to await judgement!

Submitted

I haven't updated anything yet. I thought I wait for a link?

Sorry for the trouble I just don`t get how this works :)

Host

your quest is good, so no link will be incoming.  Thank you for your patience ^^

Submitted

Hi! I have a question.

Should the quests had been exported to PDF from https://www.hquestbuilder.com/ at 100%?

I changed the scale using the "more settings" option when I exported the quest to PDF in order to best accommodate the text (which can be easily reverted to 100% again by erasing blank lines between notes and simplifying the narrative text).

Can I resubmit my quest or is it not necessary?

Thanks.

Host

so, two rules govern this functionality for the jam; if the map bleeds onto the second half of a quest or the text bleeds onto the first half, that's not in accordance with how a printed quest should look.  So it depends on how much the scale versus the content tampers with this narrow window of balance.

If it does render half and half, though, and it isn't modified by any pdf tools, then I see it as permissible to change the scale during the export process only...if only because Squidge suggested this trick to participants to begin with.

Deleted 1 year ago
Host (2 edits)

Hi Xerxes,

Your quest was well past the single page limit, but please consider joining a future jam where the rules will be different!

Host

I think that covers everyone needing to revise their quests.  Notes sent on here and on twitter.  Let me know if you don't have any communication and I'll get back to you after work!

Submitted

Been at work so I haven't had time to check the boards, when I tried to add my corrected version, I kept getting the same message that uploads were disabled during the voting period.  Ah well.  Maybe next time.

Host

that's because it has to be done through a special, unique link given to the quest creator.

Use this to resubmit, and you should be good to go.

https://itch.io/jam/326454/add-game/1918900/1381177?token=v2HVcgZJsqdIOlUyyZGv8AQR1g

Submitted

Hey Ash, 

Either I'm too stupid, or the system likes my original submission.  Do I need to delete/remove the old one, as when I click on the link that you provided, it takes me to a screen to add my back into the Jam; it asks for my Handle, and the quest name, but nothing else.  When I navigate to the screen to upload the new version, I see the attached message.  Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I'd love to enter this contest, but you are probably getting as frustrated as I am.

Host

You'll have to nuke the old one.  I think what others are doing is changing the submission itself in its own page (you can update or change files at any time when you upload a project to itch).  Then using the link.

I removed the other one once more so you should be able to edit now, and then use the new following link to resubmit.

Don't try it until you've edited /uploaded your quest first, though!

https://itch.io/jam/326454/add-game/1918900/1381177?token=v2HVcgZJsqdIOlUyyZGv8A...

We'll get you in here. :)  and sorry for this being frustrating.  I knew it was going to be new for nearly everyone and hoped I would be able to work out the bugs, but didn't happen for some.

Submitted

Deleted pretty much everything that could be deleted, and tried from near scratch.  Looks like we finally have success.  Thank you for patience and assistance.  I still wish luck to everyone entering the contest, there are a lot of great submissions for the judges to review.

Host

nice!!!  That's everybody now!  Glad we got that sorted :)