Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Thank you all for a great game jam

A topic by JK5000 created Jun 22, 2022 Views: 37 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

This was my 60th game jam, and I still got absolutely zero wins.  Hurray. :)

I had fun with this one, and I am especially happy to see that nearly all of you played and rated the games.  I could have wished a bit more people gave feedback, but the feedback given was pretty good.

I am overall pretty happy with my game, but it was perhaps not the best idea for game jam, especially if I was really interested in winning. Here is a list of things I did, that is NOT the best idea for a jam game:

• Using Unreal Engine. I love using the engine and it is great for making jam games. BUT it nearly always gives issues with people that is not able to play the game, because it often is really difficult to run on low end and old hardware.
  • Making local multiplayer games is fun, and they are fun to play when you have someone to play them with. BUT apparently game developers do not have any friends. And playing them alone is not very fun.
  • Working alone and making every thing myself. I made all the visuals, music, sound effects, UI, programing and bugs. I love working this way, but I am not prefect at all the things. And I know that I really should not creating music, BUT I love making it, so I do it anyway.
  • Making game looking super simple. I know the game is simple to play and I know it look like it is easy to make. Okay there much more difficult things to make, BUT making it easy to play is not that easy to do. 

Would I have changed any thing I did? NO. BUT I also know it is not the best idea for winning a game jam. Nothing of this does really matter, because it is all about having fun and making games. And I really did have fun and I made one more game. 

I will, by the way, keep working a bit more on my game, but I am not sure when I will release the next version of the game. And I also hope that some of you, also will make updates to your games.

And lastly I want to say a big thank you to Tobugis and Togis for making the game jam, and thank you play the games one Twitch.

Have great day and happy life

JK5000

Submitted(+1)

wow bro! Great words :D hehe i’m glad with my game too