Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Definition of 'Finished'

A topic by Amy Elliott created Jul 13, 2023 Views: 102 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(+1)

Hey, I'm aware this is covered in the description, but I've got a game where my definition of 'Finished' would be different.

Currently, the game isn't on any platforms besides web, so I'd want to finish it in the sense that it is ready for a Google Playstore release, so finish a 'port' of the game. That way it is released on my target platform, but will have the usual updates that a mobile game would have in the future, like content and bug fixing.

Submitted(+1)

I would absolutely consider that as finished for sure! You're right: that's the standard definition of finished for a mobile game, and adding additional future content is still awesome vs my standard "go back, adjust font a little" etc that wouldn't count as finished. So yeah, go for it! And I'm excited to see you make it 馃コ 

- 鉁˙eth

Submitted(+1)

Also, I just saw that you're a fellow Ludum Dare creator!!!!! I love Ludum Dare so much and it's one of my biggest influences for having become a game designer in the first place (I used to make Flash games before I got into tabletop creating, but I still do Ludum Dare with tabletop games now).