Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

time

A topic by DemonLord537 created Dec 17, 2023 Views: 96 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(+1)

well just to say it's real long and if we are making "smol" games then we don't need that much time

Host

That's correct, but I'll be doing different challenges throughout, and lots of people may only have a small sliver of time during this entire jam to take part :D

I'm pretty awful, personally, about being able to find an hour or two in a week to take part. Or like... I line everything up to have a weekend free to gamedev, only to have something come up and lose the entire time, so I have to wait until another time pops up.

And I was gonna end the jam a month earlier, but February is Tabletop Nonstop with Crowdfundr and Angel and I plan to run a campaign. So this way, I can put time and effort into promoting the bundle when it's done, rather than being busy that whole month. 馃コ 

- 鉁˙eth

(+1)

So I'm confused, if I (not saying it is 100% possible) worked everyday on my submission, would it be valid?

Host

Absolutely!

So, the challenge is to make something small and/or something in a small time frame. So you can make a game in a day or a weekend or a week (a week is still SUPER fast!), or you can make something small like a one-page TTRPG, a game on a business card, or a video game that's only 100 lines of code, etc.

Any interpretation of "small" is valid, and that includes "small" to you. If you normally spend 2 years on a game, then spending one month on a game is relatively small. Or if you normally make TTRPGs that are 50 pages long and make one that's 10 pages, that's relatively small too! 馃コ 

- 鉁˙eth