Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Adventuron Beta 25 Released (updated to beta 26)

A topic by Adventuron created Feb 19, 2020 Views: 70
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host (1 edit)

Hi,

I just released beta 25 of Adventuron Classroom. It's a very minor release that will be of little interest to most participants.

Beta 25

Fixes:

• Fixed bug where separator would be rendered even if there was no location text shown above  the separator.

Additions:

• Added experimental disambiguation command (will document later - temporary API for testing purposes only).
  • Added LIMITED context sensitive menus per object (currently only maps GET, DROP, EXAMINE), enable using "experimental_contextual_menus = true" in the theme_settings {} section. I know someone will ask if they can integrate their own actions into the menu, and the answer is no right now, and will remain no before the jam ends (to be added in later release). This is experimental and there may be issues.

NOTE : Both the additions should be treated as placeholder APIs, to be used in the interim before a more complete solution is provided.

Beta 26

I recently updated to beta 26

Additions:

• You can now add a cant_get_message="" attribute to a scenery object now, which allows authors to give a specific reason why something cannot or should not be taken. The default message "CAN'T TAKE" works for heavy objects or characters in the game, but sometimes you might have a small feature like a candle that is part of the scenery of a room, and you don't want the player to take it, but "CAN'T TAKE" wouldn't supply a reason why not in this case. Anyway - it's been added.

Changes:

• I decided to enable the experimental contextual menus by default. If you want to switch them off, use the "experimental_contextual_menus = true" setting in the theme_settings {} section. Currently the context menu is bound to a long tough event or a right mouse button, but I may change this to also use the primary click / touch event in future. I'm reserving that event right now.