Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Looking to form a team for the jam

A topic by DietChugg created Sep 27, 2017 Views: 257 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(3 edits)

I've been developing some project management software to use in personal game development. (It's a Task Management Tool like Trello) If I get it done in time I'd like to give it a test run in a production environment. I need a team to try it out though. So let's form a team!

I'd like to be the Product Owner / Project Manager / Team Captain of a team (Whatever you want to call it.).  This being said I don't want to be the idea guy for the project. ( I'd rather hear what you guys want to make and help you reach that goal )  I really want the team to have at least 1 programmer, 1 artist, 1 animator, 1 designer, and 1 audio dev ( 6 total including me ) but the more the merrier. My goal will be simple: To manage project scope, manage resources (especially time) and to ensure we get the game finished and working well on time. 

I also have skills with programming, pixel art, and audio so I can help fill in gaps if needed but I really want the project management experience and to see if my project management tool I'm building is effective. It will be my first time being the full on said Manager of a project so I hope it will be a learning experience for me.

Please comment and email me at milkchugg (at) gmail.com if you want to join my team,

Thanks,

Michael Chugg

Edit: Even if I don't finish the tool I would still want to manage a project. So I'll be there whether or not my tool is.

Submitted

I would be interested in teaming up with you, I'll send you an email.

Sounds Great!

Update: My tool isn't ready. (Even though I made tons of progress on it.) It really needs Task Assignment and Task dependency working before it is ready for use.  We will see how it goes but I'd like to work on it even more during the Jam and maybe we can use it 1/2 through the production or something. We will see. Anyways can't wait to meet the team tonight. :)

I have arrived.