Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jam Reflection Thread Sticky

A topic by robobarbie created Dec 18, 2023 Views: 286 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Host(+1)

It's that time again! Please use this thread to post any thoughts you have about the jam. What did you accomplish? What did you learn? What's something you like in other entries? Etc etc. Feel free to come back to this thread as you play through other entries as well. 

Submitted(+5)

I'm here just to say that I was deathly terrified of ranked jams and this one helped me not think about it like it was Last Judgement, thanks for that

Host

ranked jams are definitely rough to want to join at first (esp with a small amount of participants) but they also are so useful for getting real feedback from others and learning about what u are great at/could be better at. Super proud of everyone who is willing to try and put themselves out there! 

(+4)

This was my first time participating in a jam, using Itch.io, and using ren.py (a lot of firsts LOL). It was a great experience, and I'm very glad my friend introduced me to it. Thanks so much for hosting!

Submitted(+3)

It was my first time doing VN jam in 4 days. I'd say while I'm only doing a small part of it, it's still pretty challenging. But my teammates are great, they really work efficiently in 4 days, I learnt so much from them.

Submitted(+3)

honestly it's such a relief to see people tell me that I did the theme right because it was my greatest anxiety 馃拃 everything else is something I'm still a beginner at so I accept that I'm not going to be amazing at it but if the writing sucked it'd be so over for me

Submitted(+3)

i have not touched ren'py in Years so this felt a little like a homecoming... and a nice way to ease back into coding and game dev! really appreciate the opportunity in general, and also for the fact that i got to collab with a friend seriously for the first time in a while :) with a deadline that forced us to finish and publish lmao. really been enjoying going thru the entries and seeing what everyone's done with the theme! great job to everyone who participated!!!

Submitted(+3)

Like many others it seems, I experienced lots of first times in this jam and I am so proud I did it. I wanted to give up more than once, thinking that what I was doing wasn't good enough and I learned through this journey that I am indeed more capable than I thought I was. This teached me how to be more resilient, resourceful, collaborative and creative. I participated with one of my best friends and even if it was rough, we both survived 4 sleepless nights and days! Kuddos to everyone that was part of this jam, I can't wait to check out what ya'll did~

Submitted(+1)

Firstly, I just finished going through everyone's entries and y'all did great! I had a lot of fun going through all of them! Secondly, I'm still head empty no thoughts (I blame holiday season lol), but I'm glad I was able to participate! Honestly, the last time I touched Ren'py was during Velox Fabula because I've really gotten into Twine these past few months, and it was nice to come back to (I also did not forget as much as I thought lmaO). I also came away from this thinking it'd be fun to be on a team at some point. I'm the most Introverted Person Alive and being on a team honestly sounds nerve-wracking, but idk being in a group during the chaos of making a game in a few days also sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully I can make that happen in 2024, be it for a future Velox jam or some other game jam!