Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Game disqualified and I don't know why?

A topic by IanLindsey created Jul 01, 2023 Views: 205 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (1 edit)

Hi, my game Space Panic by IanLindsey (itch.io) has been marked 'disqualified', but I don't understand why? I submitted the game on time and there's nothing in it against the Jam rules. There was a slight issue when submitting initially where it wasn't added to the Jam itself, but that was resolved with the help of Justin,.

However, now it's not part of the Jam anymore and I would like some help on getting this resolved, can anyone help me? I have worked solidly for a week on this and put a lot into it, I'm very proud of what I achieved in a week - but I feel it's been unfairly disqualified due to a problem in the process and I need this resolving.

Submitted

Just to follow up on this - the APK time stamp is before the Jam ended, so it can't be a timing thing. Could someone please reactive the game, or let me know why it's been disqualified? 

Submitted

The issue has been sorted now by Andrew - what a legend! The game can now be downloaded and voted on too - https://itch.io/jam/vr-jam-2023/rate/2142280

Submitted

whew! I read the title of the page and could relate to the panic you would have felt. Coding, arranging graphics, building a build and then seeing this would make anybody a mess…