Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Dev Log] Mixed Signals

A topic by Squires created Jun 08, 2018 Views: 192 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host

I'm posting this way later than I anticipated because I was over-ambitious, and decided to use this as an opportunity to get more experience with Unity. As a result, I was unsure if I'd be able to get a working game by the end of the jam, but finally made enough progress last night that I have something worth showing.

Mixed Signals is going to be an abstract dating sim, with a "dialogue" system built on card game mechanics. The current plan is for each card to have 3 traits, which you will attempt to match with those of your love interest. The more traits you match, the better the conversation, leading to more complex card combinations. Where's the wine you ask? Well sometimes, when you find you have nothing to say, a little liquid courage can be of great help, by adding a wine card to your deck and drawing a couple of extra cards. Doing so too often, however, may come back to harm you later on, as the wine cards do not match with any of the conversation cards.

Host

Got the card traits (number, shape, color) and score implemented and working tonight after I got home. I still need to implement the Wine cards, but that should be pretty similar code to other mechanics in the game. The goal is to see how far I can get tomorrow so I can determine how much time I can afford to put into an overarching structure, so there's enough time remaining to work on polish.