Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Lighting in Game

A topic by Code Croc created Aug 12, 2023 Views: 323 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(+3)

If I were to add a light in my 1 bit game would that break the rules as the light creates different shades of the colors I have in game, or would that be allowed?

Submitted

I believe it would break the rule. There's something in the rules about alpha channel but not sure it applies here. My rule of thumb for this jam is never render more than 2 colors in any given frame.

(+2)

As far as I understand you can use transparency/alpha channel to get different shades of single color and it won't count as separate colors. However, lighting will definitely "break the rule", I don't think it will disqualify the game, but you definitely will get 1 in voting for "Does it use two colors" 

Submitted

last i checked its a rating between1 to 5? like u use 3 colours then it be a 4 star instead of 5 etc etc

Submitted(+1)

WORD of advice, super primitive lighting like making non lit up areas black may help?

Submitted

but what if I placed a let's say black panel with 200 alpha channel on top of some coloured panel with 255 alpha, that will create a new colour, will that count as a new colour or Is it acceptable?