Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Am i allowed to ask other peoples for ideas on what to add to the game? Also is using audio from freesound.org allowed?

A topic by CheeseBaron2 created Mar 05, 2024 Views: 138 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Dumb question i know but wanted to be sure since technically then im not the *only* one who made the game. Want to ask some people not participating in the jam for things to add to the game, but obviously would do the actual work on my own.

Also just freesound.org is a nice site to get sounds from but theyre recorded and submitted by other people onto there so also checking if its allowed to use.

Submitted

I'm pretty sure getting ideas from other people is allowed. People have been sharing ideas and such in the discord and acerola has yet to take them out lol. Playtesting is also allowed, which is pretty much getting ideas and suggestions from people partway through game development, so I don't see why getting the same at the start of the process would be any different.

For sounds, as long as you can legally 'redistribute' them via github, they are not made by AI, and they are not made by other people for this game project, then you should be good from how I understand it.