SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Some help required with error messages

A topic by Dee Cooke created Oct 29, 2019 Views: 88 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Hi all

While playtesting in the editor, I'm getting the following error messages that I don't fully understand:

DEBUGEXCEPTION : Redescribe recursion detected in T2, T3 or T4 blocks.

SCREEN LAYOUT PARSING ERROR: theme : experimental_default_theme, message : (InternalError) : too much recursion

DEBUGEXCEPTION : Class$S1182

DEBUGEXCEPTION : Class$S1182

The messages aren't consistent - sometimes they show up in a certain room, sometimes they don't - but there's always at least one message!

The three rooms affected are using darkness, and usually when the rooms are dark I just get the 'redescribe recursion' error - it's when they're lit that I get the other errors.

Sometimes, instead of getting an error, it crashes and I get a blank screen, and sometimes the direction commands don't work, but most of the time the game works absolutely as it should do - I'm just confused by the error messages!

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Host

Hi, 

Oh dear ! You are having some issues. My apologies.

Happy to help where I can.

I did fix an issue with "DEBUGEXCEPTION : Class$S1182" yesterday, that I accidentally introduced the day before. Press F5 in the Adventuron editor to get the latest version of the code. If that didn't fix it, then I'll investigate more.

I know it's a lot to ask, but if you can provide me with the source file, and instructions on how to trigger the issues, I'll help you with a resolution ASAP.

Mail it to 

info@adventuron.io

I can promise not to redistribute the code, but I understand if you don't want to send it. I'll try testing darkness myself.

The recursion error is usually shown if you trigger a redescribe and that redescribe triggers another redescribe, and so on.

I would recommend investigating the debug mode, but it's getting too late to learn that mode now, so the best way forward is sharing the source unfortunately.

Chris

Submitted

Thanks! I've made a massively cut-down version of the code limited to these rooms and it still has the same issues.  I'll email you the cut-down version.