Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Voting

A topic by Metamorpho_SG created Jun 29, 2021 Views: 276 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+7)

Thanks to the organizers for hosting this jam !!

The topic was interesting and during the development of the game there were many different ideas that can be developed further.

With regard to voting.

I think the most accurate and correct way of judging is a professional jury - several people from YoYo Games and Opera.

Accordingly, this professional jury must rate each game.

At the same time, this professional jury should not at all be guided by the results of the general voting.

With such a large number of games, public voting is very imprecise for various reasons.

For example, it seems that many who voted - out of 190 games were able to actually play and evaluate, say 50 games, and the rest of the games were completely ignored and without evaluation. Or someone in some community asked to play and rate his game, as a result, members of this community rated only this game, and the rest were not rated at all. As a result of such moments, the voting  balance of the assessment is skewed.
In fact, with so many games - public voting - is unnecessary (since it is inaccurate). The best thing from the community in this case is the feedback - it brings real benefits and understanding to the development of the game and helps to improve your project.

Agreed! - Very good points and arguments @Metamorpho_SG - couldn't have put it better myself...

Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

If both are present, they should simply be separated into public winners and jury winners. I happen to find myself in the same position on this one, but you have to admit that being in top 3 most popular and not getting anything can't feel much different.

Edit: I don't mean it should be like that THIS TIME, just a general opinion.